1.16.2009

1.16.2009

Sydney Babs

Sydney Babs

Baby Thorne 2.0

Baby Thorne 2.0
It's A Girl!

Jennifer Michael Sydney

Bags Filled And Donated

Looking to really declutter this year! This is a count of how many bags full of "stuff" we get rid of throughout the year.

Bags so far: 12

Grocery Budget: This Week

Week of April 29-May 5: $27.59

Grocery Budget: YTD

Spent on groceries , food storage, and toiletries as of January 1, 2012: $599.23
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sydney is finally here!

So, here's the scoop: came to hospital at 10:26 this morning to get induced. They started me on petocin and then about a half hour later cam in and broke my water. Then the contractions got goin really quick and I asked for the epidural. I know it sounds wussy, but just waiting for the next 40 minutes for the epidural guy to come was super intense! I am so grateful for modern medicine cause I honestly don't know how much longer I could have lasted. I moved up to a 5, 6, then jumped to a nine cause my contractions were so close. I was so amazed how comfortable I felt (and still feel). But then Sydney's heart rate dropped and they were worried about her so they wanted to do a c-section. At which point I got REALLY nervous! Then her heart rate came back up after they gave me some oxygen for about 20 mins, but then it started to fall again so the Doc decided to do a c-section. I tried to be calm for the baby but I was terrified! Just afraid of the unknown, but Michael, the nurses, and doctor were so good to help me and say reassuring things. Michael was so brave and good, I could tell he was nervous but was so strong for me. It was positively the weirdest feeling I have ever felt getting the c-section cause I could feel the pressure of everything, but felt no pain. I was so excited to hear her cry and kiss her face before they took her to the Level 2 nursery. She was breathing too fast and the cord was wrapped around her body twice so that's why her heart rate wasn't doing good. She had to be hooked up to a cpap machine to help her so I didn't get to hold her or see her until 11:15, but she is so worth the wait and pain! I have just been resting and keeping up on my drugs, so sorry if this doesn't make sense...its almost 2 am and I'm super drugged, but I feel great. Well great as in no pain, but don't have very much energy. I feel like God blessed me with good energy and am so grateful for the meds, I hope I continue to progress well and the baby too. Hopefully tmrw morning I can breastfeed her too, she is on sugar water, but tonight while I was holding her she kept looking for the breast for about 5 mins then just slept in my arms, it was so precious! I love her so much and can't wait to take her home so we can be our own little family.

P.S. I was pretty good during labor and only threatened to slap Michael once, he was just too darn cute and so helpful! I couldn't have married a better man!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

2 comments:

  1. OH she is so beautiful! Congratulations! Im glad it all went well:) She is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COngratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys! love, kasi

    ReplyDelete